Your privacy in a nutshell
With this brief summary we want to inform you – in the spirit of GDPR – as transparently and clearly as possible about our activities, the data which we collect about you as a user of our technology, how we process those data, and how you can assert your rights in that regard.
What we doAccurat develops technology (an SDK) which our customers integrate in their mobile applications. Our solution allows them to understand you better as a user so that they can offer you a better experience with the application.
Which data do we collect?Our technology tracks your location several times a day and transmits those data to a data environment at Accurat. We never collect personal data such as your name, first name, email address, age, gender or other, nor do we receive those data from our customers.
Who do we share your data with?Your data will only be shared with our customers whom you have given permission to use your data. This means that they – and no one else – can use your data. Some of our customers process your data through an intermediary. They, too, may only process your data for such purposes as you approved in their mobile application. This usually means personalized information and more relevant advertisements.
Your rights in a nutshellAs user of an application of our customers you may assert the following rights:
- Access to your data: all information which we collect about you may be accessed free of charge at any time. We will send you within one month a file containing all information we collected about you.
- Removal of your data: you may decide at any time that the data which we collect about you should be removed. In that case we will remove within one month all information which we collected about you.
- Access to and removal of your data takes place through our customers, i.e. the administrator of the mobile application whom you gave permission. As data processor, Accurat will assert your rights at their request within the appointed time limit (one month).
Questions?You may send any questions you have by email to [email protected]. We will make a point of answering your questions within five working days.
Our DPO (Data Protection Officer) is Anja Lemmens, who can be reached at [email protected].
2. What data are collected?Accurat collects and processes the following Data of Users:
- Exact location (GPS signal data), such as latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, heading and accuracy of the location;
- “Mobile advertising identifiers” such as Apple IDFA for iOS devices and Android Advertising ID for Android devices;
- Name of the WiFi and mobile phone network of the User;
- Information about the User’s device (make, model and version of the OS);
- Time (time, hour, second, time zone);
- Privacy settings (consent to use the SDK).
- Shopping behaviour (category preference, store loyalty…)
- Mobility (car use, use of public transport, bicycle use…)
- Interests (sports, cultural interests…)
- Personal information (estimated household composition…)
3. Transfer to third partiesWe will not at any time sell or rent out your data to individuals or companies that do not form part of Accurat.
We use the services of external processors, and will always ensure that your data are handled confidentially and used in a secure way. The external processors will always be contractually bound to Accurat. The processors will never be allowed to use your personal data on their own initiative.
The User Data will be shared with the following partners and by the following means:
- User Data will be shared in an aggregated manner over a web interface
- Processed User Data will be shared through the SDK with the application of our Customers when a User uses the application
- Processed User Data will be shared with the Processors (partners) of our Customers for which they have given their consent. They too may only use the processed User Data for the applications to which the User has consented.
- The service providers used by Accurat, such as hosting solutions (Google Cloud Services) or partners for data analysis, IT services or other similar services as requested by Accurat;
- In order to process the user data, we will allow our employees to access those data. Accurat guarantees a similar level of protection by enjoining contractual obligations on our staff members and appointees.
- A third party that may be entitled to the collected Data following a takeover or acquisition of Accurat.
4. Legal obligationsIn rare cases, Accurat may be required to pass on your data by virtue of a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations.
5. How long will your data be retained?The collected and processed data will be retained for as long as the partnership with our customers exists and has not been terminated by one of the parties. The personal data will be retained for another three years after the partnership with our customer has ended. Once you have withdrawn your consent, all personal Data will be removed. Certain data may be retained in aggregated or depersonalized form, where it is impossible to identify the User.
6. Minimum data processingThe user data which we collect are adequate and relevant for our purposes. We will restrict the collection of your data to the minimum required for the purposes for which we process the personal data.
7. Rights of the UserThe User may at any time prevent his location being shared by disabling the location services through the operating system.
- In iOS that is Settings > Privacy > Location Settings.
- In Android: Settings > Location.
The User can prevent his “mobile advertising identifier” from being shared.
- In iOS this is done by activating “Restrict Ads Tracking” in Settings > Privacy > Ads.
- In Android you can activate “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” in Settings > Google > Ads.
Please note that the methods described above for setting those data may change.
The rights provided for by GDPR legislation are the following:
8. Data securityAccurat has taken administrative, technical and physical measures to secure the physical facilities, computer software, databases and network environments used with the utmost care. This should ensure that the User Data and other information are protected against loss, improper use or changes. Although no method can offer 100% guarantee, Accurat will make every effort to take every possible practicable measure.
Accurat shall on no account be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from erroneous or unlawful use of user data by third parties.
Accurat.AI via True North BVBA
CEO: Bart Muskala ([email protected])
DPO: Anja Lemmens ([email protected])Accurat complies with all the regulations imposed by the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (CPP). If you disagree with the way Accurat.AI processes your data, you may contact the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Tel+32 (0)2 274 48 00 – Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35
Latest update: 25 July 2018