Accurat guarantees the privacy of its users
Your privacy in a nutshell
With this brief summary we want to inform you – in the spirit of GDPR – as transparently and clearly as possible about our activities, the data which we collect about you as a user of our technology, how we process those data, and how you can assert your rights in that regard.
What we do
Accurat has developped a mobile application, ShopSafe, to help users have a safer shopping trip to its local super market.
Which data do we collect?
Our technology tracks your location every time you open the app. We use that data to retrieve the supermarkets near you. We never collect personal data such as your name, first name, email address, age, gender or other, nor do we receive those data from our customers.
Who do we share your data with?
Your data will never be shared outside the Accurat organisation. This means that no one else can use your data.
Your rights in a nutshell
As user of the application you may assert the following rights:
- Access to your data: all information which we collect about you may be accessed free of charge at any time. We will send you within one month a file containing all information we collected about you.
- Removal of your data: you may decide at any time that the data which we collect about you should be removed. In that case we will remove within one month all information which we collected about you.
- Access to and removal of your data takes place through our customers, i.e. the administrator of the mobile application whom you gave permission. As data processor, Accurat will assert your rights at their request within the appointed time limit (one month).
You may send any questions you have by email to [email protected]. We will make a point of answering your questions within five working days.
Our DPO (Data Protection Officer) is Anja Lemmens, who can be reached at [email protected].
1. Activities of Accurat
Accurat offers a mobile application, ShopSafe. This technology allows us to collect Data about our Users through Their mobile applications and to share those Data with Accurat in order to share local supmarkets near you.
2. What data are collected?
Accurat collects and processes the following Data of Users:
- Exact location (GPS signal data), such as latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, heading and accuracy of the location;
- “A unique identifier” is created and shared in case a user wants to be verified to do updates for a store he works for;
- Time (time, hour, second, time zone);
- Privacy settings (consent to use the application).
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Data is only collected by means of an explicit GDPR consent and by sharing location data using an OS-specific prompt. Children under 13 complying can only do so with the consent of their parents.
3. Transfer to third parties
We will not at any time sell or rent out your data to individuals or companies that do not form part of Accurat.
We use the services of external processors, and will always ensure that your data are handled confidentially and used in a secure way. The external processors will always be contractually bound to Accurat. The processors will never be allowed to use your personal data on their own initiative.
4. Legal obligations
In rare cases, Accurat may be required to pass on your data by virtue of a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations.
5. How long will your data be retained?
The collected and processed data will be retained as long as the app is online. The personal data will be retained for another year after the partnership with our customer has ended. Once you have withdrawn your consent, all personal Data will be removed. Certain data may be retained in aggregated or depersonalized form, where it is impossible to identify the User.
6. Minimum data processing
The user data which we collect are adequate and relevant for our purposes. We will restrict the collection of your data to the minimum required for the purposes for which we process the personal data.
7. Rights of the User
The User may at any time prevent his location being shared by disabling the location services through the operating system.
- In iOS that is Settings > Privacy > Location Settings.
- In Android: Settings > Location.
As soon as you opt out of those settings, no more User Data will be collected by the SDK.
The User can prevent his “mobile advertising identifier” from being shared.
- In iOS this is done by activating “Restrict Ads Tracking” in Settings > Privacy > Ads.
- In Android you can activate “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” in Settings > Google > Ads.
No more User Data will be collected from the moment the User prevents this identifier from being shared.
Please note that the methods described above for setting those data may change.
The rights provided for by GDPR legislation are the following:
8. Data security
Accurat has taken administrative, technical and physical measures to secure the physical facilities, computer software, databases and network environments used with the utmost care. This should ensure that the User Data and other information are protected against loss, improper use or changes. Although no method can offer 100% guarantee, Accurat will make every effort to take every possible practicable measure.
Accurat shall on no account be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from erroneous or unlawful use of user data by third parties.
10. Questions, Concerns or Complaints
CEO: Bart Muskala ([email protected])
DPO: Anja Lemmens ([email protected])
Accurat complies with all the regulations imposed by the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (CPP). If you disagree with the way Accurat.AI processes your data, you may contact the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
Latest update: 25 March 2020